On this page, you will find Life Science Grade 11 Photosynthesis Practicals Memo for 2020, 2019, and 2018. Photosynthesis is a process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy into chemical energy that, through cellular respiration, can later be released to fuel the organism’s metabolic activities.
Important Terms to know for Photosynthesis Practicals
- Photosynthesis: A process whereby green plants manufacture their own food using radiant energy
- Chloroplast: Organelle in a plant cell where photosynthesis occur
- Chlorophyll: Green pigment that trap light for photosynthesis
- Light phase: Occurs in the grana of the chloroplast
- Dark phase: Occurs in the stroma of the chloroplast
- ATP: Energy carrier in the living things used for various activities
- Iodine solution: Used to test for the presence of starch
- Autotrophs: Organisms that use light energy to manufacture its own food
- Experiment: A scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis or demonstrate a known fact.
- Glucose: Sugar that is the product of photosynthesis
- Variegated: Leaf that has more than one colour
- Greenhouse: Special building that is used for growing plants in an area where they would not normally grow that well.
- Destarch: Process of eliminating starch reserves in a plant for experiments concerning photosynthesis
- Control: A variable that is not changed throughout an experiment
- Heterotrophs: Organisms that are unable to manufacture their own food (consumers &decomposers)
- Starch: A carbohydrate that store energy in plants
- Limiting factor: Factor that limits the rate at which photosynthesis takes place
List of Life Science Grade 11 Photosynthesis Practicals and Memo
List of Life Science Grade 11 Photosynthesis Practicals and Memo for various years