Describing how the social and environmental responsibility could help to fight poverty. The reason why social and environmental responsibility can contribute to fighting poverty is that economic activities flourish in a stable society that is under a good environmental climate.
Environmental social responsibility considers people, planet and profit issues that lead to sustained competitive advantage. Creating socially responsible and sustainable employment practices help organizations meet current needs without compromising the ability to meet future needs.Becker
Social Responsibilities that fight poverty
Social responsibility means that businesses, in addition to maximizing shareholder value, must act in a manner that benefits society. Social responsibility has become increasingly important to investors and consumers who seek investments that are not just profitable but also contribute to the welfare of society and the environment. There are a number of social responsibility initiatives that can contribute to fighting poverty in the society, such as:
- Improving labor policies that reward employees more
- Participating in fairtrade that incourage small businesses to also grow
- Charitable giving to the poors
- Volunteering in the community to do meaningful work for free.
Environmental Responsibilities taht fight poverty
- Implement corporate policies that benefit the environment, which in turn, ensures longevity of the business. Thus, more people still stay employed as the business runs.
- Socially and environmentally conscious investments aimed at growing the business while empowering communities. Example: planting more trees
- Waste and recycling in a way that financially rewards citizens of communities